Medical Laboratory Assistant Recruitment Open Day
Published on 23 November, 2017
Health Services Laboratories are hosting a Medical Laboratory Assistant Recruitment Open Day. Monday 4th December 2017. 9am to Midday and 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Health Services Laboratories is a progressive partnership between The Doctors Laboratory, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust (the Royal Free London) and University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH).
We would like to invite you to apply to be part of our Medical Laboratory Assistant Recruitment Open Day.
The open day will be held in our brand new state of the art Halo Building on Monday 4th December 2017.
We will be running two sessions, a morning session from 9:00 am to midday, repeated in the afternoon from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. The day will combine tours on each of our Laboratory floors which will offer insight into the varied analytical and diagnostic services offered in our laboratories.
Two 15 minute interviews will follow; your interview will be with a panel made up of a representative from each discipline. We have full-time, zero hours, nightshift and weekend only contracts available.
Our laboratories are 24 hours and all roles include shift work. We encourage applications from those with no experience or limited experience working in a Laboratory environment.
Please complete an online application form which can be downloaded from our website, http://www.hslpathology.com/careers.
If your application is successful a member of staff from the HSL HR Team will be in contact to confirm you have secured a place.
Working as a Medical Laboratory Assistant your main duties are:
• The processing and preparation of patients’ blood and other bodily fluid specimens.
• To enter patient requests into the pathology computer: assign laboratory numbers and carry out clerical and technical tasks in accordance with sample handling procedures.
• To assist in handling and distribution of incoming and outgoing goods, equipment, specimens and reagents.
• To clean and maintain equipment to achieve the optimum instrument performance and maintain a clean and safe working environment.
On your application form please state which discipline you are most interested in and your preferred contract type.
A description of each discipline can be found on our website.
• Immunology • Virology • Flow Cytometry • Infection Sciences • Biochemistry