Sebastian Taylor’s music news: Children’s workshop at Conway Hall, Piano recital at St Cuthbert’s, fundraiser for Bridge School
10 March, 2017
Guitarist Manus Noble
• Young award-winning guitarist Manus Noble is leading a children’s guitar workshop at Conway Hall, Red Lion Square, Holborn on Sunday afternoon (March 12). Widely known and appreciated on the recital circuit, Noble has developed a passion for modern techniques and repertoire with many composers writing new works for him.
• Conway Hall, 2 Red Lion Square, WC1. 2pm, £5. 020 7405 1818, https://conwayhall.org.uk/sunday-concerts/programme/
• Remarkably gifted pianist Anthony Hewitt is exploring themes of Impressionism, Symbolism and Art through imagery in sound at St Cuthbert’s, Fordwych Road, West Hampstead, this Saturday evening (March 11). Being played are works by Debussy, Ravel, Stephen Goss and Mussorgsky. Hewitt gained fame beyond the music world five years ago when he cycled from Land’s End to John O’Groats, performing a concert every night, raising over £13,OOO for charity.
• St Cuthbert’s, Fordwych Road, NW2, 020 7794 3055, 7pm, £12/cons £8
•Funds for Bridge School, a leading special needs school in Islington, are being raised at a concert given by the London Repertoire Orchestra at St James’s, Piccadilly, this Saturday evening. Being played are Beethoven’s Leonore Overture No 3, Brahms’ Symphony No 4 and Greig’s Piano Concerto, with Mariko Brown as soloist.
• St James’s Piccadilly, 197 Piccadilly, W1. 7.30pm, from £10. 020 7734 4511, www.sjp.org.uk/evening-concerts.html