WestEndExtra

The independent London newspaper

Late-night snack leads to flat blaze

Dean Street resident taken to hospital after firefighters were called out at 1am

04 March, 2019 — By Samantha Booth

A MIDNIGHT snack left cooking on a hob caused a fire in a flat in Soho.

The resident managed to leave the property in Dean Street and was taken to hospital.

London Fire Brigade was called at 1am on Wednesday and they said the fire was under control within 30 minutes.

Firefighters warned of the hazards of unattended cooking and Soho watch manager Stuart Beale said: “Smoke alarms give the earliest possible warning when a fire starts and we would urge everyone to make sure they have one fitted in every room where a fire can start, except kitchens or bathrooms where heat alarms are more appropriate.”

Categories

Share this story

Post a comment

,